Thank you for supporting the arts at Durham Arts Council!
There is no doubt that 2020 was a tough year, but strength of character is defined by how you respond to adversity. We are so proud to tell you how Durham Arts Council has answered the need in our community for artists and arts organizations that have experienced lost revenues and wages due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- TRIPLED our grant support for artists and arts organizations over previous years by appealing to community, foundation and corporate partners, individual donors, and federal and state relief grants to help us SAVE THE ARTS! $700,000+ granted already!
- Raised over $105,000 through the DAC Arts Recovery Fund for artists and arts organizations in Durham.
- Developed FOUR new grant programs to stabilize and support arts organizations and artists in Durham.
- Ensured equitable distribution of funds with a focus on BIPOC artists and BIPOC led arts organizations in our community.
- Spearheaded Big Night In for the Arts, along with three other Triangle-area arts councils and WRAL TV to raise over $350,000 in artist, arts organization, and arts programming support.
While we have worked passionately to support the arts sector, Durham Arts Council staff continued working tirelessly for DAC’s own survival – securing PPP loans, grants, and developing virtual programs, and online events to engage the community through the arts.
Your gift last year to the Arts Recovery Fund was essential to helping the arts survive during a time of unprecedented loss. Please donate to support the Durham Arts Council by June 30, 2021. YOUR support is critical for DAC to continue doing this amazing work.
With the roll out of the COVID-19 vaccine, we are hopeful at Durham Arts Council that we can see you again – in person- soon!
Our Contact Information
About the Durham Arts Council
The Durham Arts Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and local arts agency dedicated to supporting the arts in Durham and the entire Triangle Region in North Carolina and has served the community since 1954. Each year DAC serves over 400,000 visitors and program participants, over 2,000 artists, and more than 300 arts and cultural organizations through classes, artist residencies, exhibits, festivals, grants programs, technical support, creative economy initiatives, arts advocacy, and information services.
Durham Arts Council, Inc. is a catalyst in the cultural development of Durham – it leads, inspires, and promotes excellence in and access to the creation, experience, and active support of the arts for all the people of our community. For more information call 919.560.ARTS(2787) or visit our website at www.durhamarts.org.