Become a CAPS Artist
The application for the 2022-2023 roster is now open. Deadline: June 24, 2022.
If you have experience teaching children and/or adults, we invite you to apply to join a roster of professional teaching artists to serve the schools and community members in Durham and its surrounding counties.
1. Create an account on Submittable.
2. Review application questions and upload all required materials. You can review a copy of the application on this page soon.
3. Required and optional materials listed on the application to upload include artist’s resume, video of the program you are submitting, artist work samples, residency lesson plans, guides or handouts provided to teachers and/or participants.
4. Submit the application. Once submitted, it cannot be updated.
5. Pay the one-time annual application fee of $35 here. Instructions for payment are also given in the application.
6. Your submitted application will be emailed to you. Keep a copy for your records.
7. Artists will be contacted if there are any questions about their application. Applicants will be notified about their acceptance on the CAPS roster in July 2022.
Join the informational sessions on May 20, 2022 and June 10, 2022 to learn more about being a CAPS Artist and ask questions about the application process.